At Leominster Animal Hospital, we know that pet insurance can be a confusing topic for pet owners. You can find more information about pet insurance and how it can help you below.
Pet Insurance Information
All about pet insurance.
Pet insurance companies offer pet owners the ability to customize their coverage by offering varying levels of deductible or co-insurance. This allows pet owners to control their monthly premium and choose the level of coverage that suits them the best.
Some of the differences in insurance coverage are:
- Whether congenital and hereditary conditions (like hip dysplasia, heart defects, eye cataracts or diabetes) are covered;
- How the reimbursement is calculated (based on the actual vet bill, a benefit schedule or usual and customary rates);
- Whether the deductible is on a per-incident or an annual basis;
- Whether there are any limits or caps applied (per incident, per year, age or over the pet’s lifetime); and
- Whether there is an annual contract that determines anything diagnosed in the previous year of coverage is considered pre-existing the next year.
If you have any further questions about pet insurance, please contact us today at 978-534-0936.